June 19, 2012

Happy Belated Fathers Day

I went to write this post on Sunday but then I got sad and decided to skip it.

I lost my dad to lung cancer a little over a year and a half ago. I still miss him all the time but time does help make things a little easier. Sometimes I find that the most random things make me think of him. 

Here are a few of them:
-the smell of most after shave or cologne
-the smell of spray paint
-seeing a cool action/war/car movie
-eating a good steak/having a nice glass of wine
-cutting a slice of cheese from a block of cheddar
-whenever my car is dirty
-seeing movies that we saw together
-driving past car lots
-seeing any kind of car that he used to have (If you knew him, you would know that was a lot)
-The Olive Garden
-the ocean
-sour cream lemon pie
-whenever I have car issues
-peeled apples
-Blockbuster

Happy Fathers Day dad! I love you!

*This picture was taken on a vacation to California. We are sitting on Paul Bunyan's foot in the Redwood Forest. Yes, I have a boy haircut. 

No comments: