August 7, 2012

Lipstick






































I have been searching for the perfect "reddish orange" lipstick for quite some time. After reading some reviews I decided to try Nars "Heatwave". I really love this color, but I have to say that wearing lipstick is hard if you aren't used to it. It also doesn't help that my husband looks at me like I am a mutant when I wear it. Doesn't it seem like most guys don't like bright lipstick?

Do you have any tips or tricks for wearing bright lipstick? I really want to avoid wearing lip liner if I can. It is just another step and product that I don't feel like incorporating into this routine.

I tried to see if my favorite makeup artist had ever posted a video on lipstick and it doesn't look like it. However, if you have never checked out her site, go watch her videos now. I could listen to her talk all day long....

http://www.lisaeldridge.com/video/

2 comments:

Elisse said...

Neil is kind of a crazy person and he likes when I wear bright lipstick. He also still kisses me and ends up with orange/red/pink lips, which is not really what I'm trying to do.

I do recommend lipliner. I know, it's another step, but I swear a nude color (same as your lips) as a base keeps the lipstick in place. As well as longer lasting.

I'm still limited to wearing lipstick out at night to dark bars or concerts because I'm not ready to face daylight with bright red lips. Doesn't work with my coloring, I think. But anyway, dark bars or anywhere you can have a cocktail are generally good and then you're not worrying about your lips so much.

Okay, I seriously went on this long about lipstick. I have to go.

Sophie said...

Okay, Okay I will get a lip liner. Thanks for the tips!